Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Caroline

I feel like it's been a while since I wrote a post about Levia.
I'm glad to finally have her sit down for some pictures.
I stopped doing them once she turned two since no one ever counts past 24 months.
I never even actually counted past 12 months.
(It was only for her photos that I did 13-23 months,)
When asked about Levia's age, I always told people "she's one", "almost one and a half" or "almost two".
Depending what she was closer to.
 
Right now Levia is a very active two year old.
And with two's come a whole lot of baggage.
We've been dealing with some crazy "terrible twos" lately.
Luckily, I don't think it's as bad as people make it to be.
When frusteration sets in for Levia and she screams and cries at the same time, I bend down to her level. I talk to her and tell her "it's okay."
Everything will be okay, even though her little mind thinks that it's not.
I always assure her that her dirty hands can be washed, that the food that fell off her fork is okay, there is more on her plate, that when Rowan cries she doesn't have to cry with her too, when a toy doesn't fit inside another toy, it's all okay.
Everything will be okay.
She's slowly starting to understand that.
When something breaks and she wants it fixed we talk to her and teach her to come to us and say "Mom can you fix it?" instead of screaming and crying.
She loves it when we teach her how to properly talk to us.
She stops crying, she breaks a smile and she repeats everything we say.
I'm so ready for her to talk and I know she is too.
Where she can finally say "Mom, can I have this or that" or "Mom, can you help me with this".
I'm ready for that.
Once that happens, I know everything will be 100 times easier.
For now, I'll just enjoy her little gibberish talk.
It's cute.
It makes me smile.
It makes me laugh.
It melts my heart.
I fall in love with her more and more.
She's cute.
 
 
Everything she does is beautiful.
Everything.
 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment