Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Levia Goes Potty

Today was a big day for us. Levia finally went potty! Not once, but twice. Wooohooo! I did everything I could to keep her busy, sitting in her potty. The books were doing their job for a while, but then Levia asked for milk. I knew once I gave her milk, she'd get right up and start wandering around. I ended up propping up my laptop and putting some nursery rhymes for her. Those two did the job. She drank her milk and went potty. We clapped and I told her "good job!" several of times. Since we're having such a gloomy day we went outside and watched the rain. I sat her on her potty once again while she watched her videos, and she went both peepee and poopoo with no problem. This made me even happier. I cheered for her and told her how happy I was of her. (I also gave her a piece of cookie.) This all happened within an hour. I know she's only 15 and a half months, so I don't expect her to be potty trained any time soon. Knowing she's being introduced to the potty, and learning what the potty is for, I really hope she embraces it without fear. I'm already looking forward to her using her potty more and more. If it doesn't happen again, then I'll just introduce her to the potty after a month has gone by.
 
But here are just a few photos of what potty training is like for us.
 


 
I wish I had captured pictures of her watching her video, but I had already gotten distracted with making her milk and setting up the laptop that grabbing the camera was the last thing on my mind.
 
I love you L.C! Momma is so proud of you!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment