Sunday, May 26, 2013

Our Sick Little One

One of the days we were never looking forward to happened. Levia got sick! 11 months of perfect health was finally ruined by a stomach virus. We had to take her to the E.R. twice, her fever just didn't want to go down. At one point we were scared that it could be worse. The first Dr. didn't do anything, he just sent us home. That didn't make me feel any better. On the second trip to the E.R. we finally had a Dr. do a full check up on her. It made us feel better once we got the results. Everything was normal. Finally, I felt like someone heard us! One week has passed an our Levia is doing so much better. We were able to enjoy going to the beach and a nice walk around Pensacola these past two days.
 
 
Levia doesn't looks sick here, but our poor baby was fighting a fever all day.

 
Waiting for the Dr.

 
Levia had a little bit of dehydration.

 
Almost 4 hours in the ER, and all we could to was sit back and hold her little hand while she was being pricked with needles to have some testing run. (Daddy holding Levia's hand).

 
I had my turn it holding her. Watching her cry and scream with all the nurses around was one of the hardest things I as a mother could ever go through. You feel so helpless. Once we went home, the crying didn't stop. Levia cried so much during the days that she was sick. At one point I hugged her tight and just cried with her. I wish I could make her better from when I first saw the sign of her getting sick. I'm just very happy and blessed that Levia is back to being healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment